Thursday, September 20, 2007

Film Noir

Last night we caught a film from the Fritz Lang Film Festival at the Seoul Art Cinema. We saw You Only Live Once, a movie from 1937 with Sylvia Sidney and Henry Fonda. I enjoyed seeing an old film in a theater and a lot of moments were so corny and dated I had to laugh out loud at how different things are in movies (and life) today.

The theater was a bit difficult to find, it's one of those venues that's right in front of your face but still hard to locate, but the map at Seoul Selection is somewhat helpful. One of the things I'd like to leave to Korea, other than real pedestrian sidewalks, is cross streets--ones you can use in directions, so you can say things like, "Meet me at 4th and Insadong Street." Oh in another universe...

2 comments:

cpr said...

Oh man the Seoul Art Cinema is the BOMB. They constantly have some good series on, always cheap, always awesome. My gf and I go all the time. Glad you found it!

Nat said...

hi miss koco. dig the site. 1 question: do you know if foreign films (ie French) at Seoul Art cinema are dubbed or subtitled in Korean? dubbed I can do, subtitled I can't. just wondering.