Thursday, September 27, 2007

Chuseok

Chuseok was pretty uneventful by Korean standards. I didn't go anywhere, didn't get stuck spending time with any in-laws I'd rather not see, didn't eat any Korean food, didn't get stuck in any traffic. Instead, Charles, Ms. Zaza, and I joined Leo at Ape with Pipe for a nice brunch.

It was one of the few restaurants open during the holiday. THANK YOU Leo!

After we ate Zaza and I took a stroll up Namsan and found ourselves at the botanical garden with a bottle of red. This turned out to be a great idea, which then made us come up with another great idea--to make dinner and call up a whole bunch of people. Somehow in less than 2 hours we pulled off grocery shopping, tidying, making two pasta dishes, a big salad, rosemary potatoes, and baking a cake for a group of about 18 guests (give or take a few). Pretty good Chuseok if I might say so myself.

No comments: