Monday, May 07, 2007

new-ish

New old stuff. The familiar done again in a different way, a bit better even. The comeback...

Bar Nana has been busy renovating for the past couple of weeks and I'm excited to see what they've done with the place. The grand re-opening will be celebrated with the return of Free Base Fridays. I'll be there, supporting the bbm (as usual), with a drink or two (as usual), maybe even with a few nipples in my purse, ready to shake my ass, as usual.

488204137 1619F13080
488177716 1699883E1E
In other exciting news, I made quiche. I mean I've made quiche before, but not in like years and I used to always make it under maternal supervision. Not only did I make quiche, on my own, but I also made the crust FROM SCRATCH. You hear that Mom!?! I'm being super domestic. I made a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies last night and last week I made a huge batch of chocolate chip cookies from scratch. So far everything has gotten rave reviews. I love my oven. I'm making banana bread tomorrow. Anyone interested in helping me eat all this?
488241220 Bc06667D30



4 comments:

j9... said...

They are little mini quiches which makes them even better!

I'm making myself a buttercream cake with buttercream frosting and marzipan on Saturday for my birthday. I'm very excitied about it. Domesticity is fun. :)

I miss you! Come back and we can bake together.

Oh and I think you should make that honey bread you used to make when we were younger. It was my favorite.

misskoco said...

mmm... honey bread. I haven't made that in ages! It's a messy project, but well worth it.

Buttercream frosting sounds delish right now. I wish I was there to see you blow out the candles and lick the icing off the bottom of them!

emiel emanuel said...

I'll help you eat anything you bake up.

misskoco said...

My mother bakes, even if no one will eat it. The act keeps her sane. For me it's like a science experiment, science in the kitchen, but you can eat your concoctions.

This is good news. More people to stuff with baked goodies. This gives me purpose.