Sunday, May 28, 2006

The return of the pussy cookie lady

I'm showing CONSUME MY GOODS June 24th **correction: July 1st** at BricxX in Hongdae. I can't wait to bring the cookies back and see how the Seoul scene reacts. I'm sure it will be a bunch of English teachers, and a handful of young Koreans thrown in. It's not for everybody, but I think they'll love the decorate your own pussy (cookie) and exhibitionist photo shoot elements. Though I didn't experience negative reactions to the work in the past, I'm prepping myself for the possibility that Korea just isn't ready for all Miss Koco has to serve up.

I must admit my own (fabulous) mother, who supports me in everything I ever do, doesn't like that I use "The P Word." And my father, the artist, doesn't exactly boast about it. But that hasn't phased me much. The most recent critique of my work/miss koco went some thing like this: "Fuck Miss Koco. All she does is talk about sex." -- some dude (who only talks about techie shit most people don't understand or just find boring. For example, "Perhaps I am missing some Korean fonts in my postscript path. After peeking at postscript-cjk-printing, it looks like I need to install some fonts. Argh! How in Debian?") One of the things Miss Koco does like to talk about is sex. It's true.

I've considered that maybe I should come with a warning. NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL AUDIENCES. Then again, who cares? (shrug) It's art!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

koco dupricious,

you fucking bitch...you make me feel so good. the fact that you do your art no matter what people will think is so inspiring to me...when what you create inpires reactions all over the spectrum, depending on the audience, it can be scary for the ego of the artist, and i don't think an artist ever wants to hear that they suck or that their art is misunderstood but knowing that you still go there, even when mom and dad, aren't totally gung ho, means so much to me, though its all so simple, you are real.
love angel

Anna said...

Greetings! I've been directed to your site by the lovely Miss Venus since I will be DJ'ing at said party at Bricxx. Looking forward to decorating pussy cookies with you. On that note, I have to say that I think Korea is plenty ready for them. Koreans are a lot more comfortable with (private) body parts than we "westerners" are. Just one look at all the requisite studio pictures of Korean male toddlers with their manhood proudly displayed says it all. See you soon!