Sunday, March 19, 2006

type O, Oh, OH!

Instead of asking what your sign is, in Korea, people ask what's your blood type. Supposedly this is linked with your personality. I had no idea until a recent medical check-up required for my job. I'm blood type O!

Type-O people are warriors. They are outgoing, expressive, and passionate. They are highly motivated and natural leaders. Blessed with a strong physical presence, they aren't afraid to gamble because they are so convinced they will win. They are natural athletes. They tend to be obsessive in their quest for success, and this can make them boring to others.

A warrior. Yeah. Kinda fun.

Also, I found, that as blood type O, I can give blood to people who are all other types, but can only receive O type blood. We're the "universal givers." Unfortunately, I can't donate blood for two reasons.


First, I don't weigh enough. Second, Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, Variant (vCJD); "Mad Cow Disease." You are restricted from donating blood (as determined by the American Red Cross) if from January 1, 1980, through December 31, 1996, you spent (visited or lived) a cumulative time of 3 months or more, in the United Kingdom. I lived in a podunk little place called Crewe in Cheshire (just below Manchester) for a year, from 1985-1986. Then I spent a summer in Cardiff, Wales in 1989. The thought that I may have been tainted by mad cow disease is a serious thing, but I can't help but giggle about it. Maybe I'm crazy.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

I'm a farmer? some of these things are true....but i'm not shy.

Type-A people are farmers. They are shy, introverted perfectionists. They are considerate to others and cannot tell a lie easily. They are loyal to friends and coworkers. They can be secretive, though, and don't often share their feelings. They don't hold their liquor well.

Anonymous said...

There are two types of A.... One is shy, one is outgoing.. but generally shy.. so it's quiet accurate. I personally think blood types are quiet accurate unlike star signs.

Rose said...

I too have type o blood. But unless you count one extremely accidental brush of my foot with a soccer ball in 1986 an athletic career, I don't think i fit the type.

DEW said...

Can anyone tell me what B Positive people are supposed to be. Thanks...

Ravi said...

I think we are all a mix of everything with a "this one and a that one" dominating - whioh makes us all different. And, its when you read about the particlar stereotype - you tend to agree and discover those specific nuances and you exclaim in your mind.