Thursday, January 05, 2006

folding

 

This is insane, I know... that's my sock drawer. Yes, that is my ridiculously neat sock drawer, with neatly folded panties organized by color. And yes, I made the little boxes that seperate the stockings from the socks. I hate doing laundry, but I get immense pleasure (immense pleasure) from the way this drawer looks after fixing it. It's the one little place in the world I allow all my control freak tendancies just go wild. My desk (along with the rest of my life)is the epitome of chaos and insanity, but my sock drawer is... well, perfect.

BUT, that's nothing compared to what happened to me last night. A few weeks ago I discovered THIS new way to fold a t-shirt. It's is some kind of fantastic t-shirt oragami. I saw the video and thought, "Well, that's crazy," but I didn't even try it, UNTIL last night! My life has changed. I'm hooked; I'll never fold a t-shirt any other way EVER again! I refolded all the t-shirts in my possession.

I feel that this new discovery has lead me down a new road. Possibly a dark one. I'm imagining myself, alone. Suddenly, there's a knock at the door. It's my mother. I think, "What is she doing here?" Then she says, "Nicole, I know you're in there... and I know you're folding. Step away from the t-shirt and just come and open the door. I love you." There will be an intervention. I see it now...
I had a mild sock drawer thing, but now I believe it has spread to the t-shirt drawer. I haven't quite got my technique down with long sleeve shirts, but I think it's possible.

5 comments:

giadelphia said...

okay im dying from laughter right now. I love you.

Janine said...

thats pretty insane. I may need to try it. :)

Anonymous said...

You write extremely well!
-Darwin

Kurios1978 said...

Sweet... that made folding shirts look... simple! I mah try it out TONIGHT!

Shells Bells said...

I thought I was retentive but you beat me hands down with those squeaky clean drawers!