Wednesday, November 09, 2005

potty


I was at the bus station and I had 4 minutes before my bus left. Though I didn't have to go, I had a terrible feeling that if I didn't go to the bathroom, I was going to have to go to the bathroom. I was expecting the worst. I thought it would smell terrible, or I'd have to wait in a long line, but it turned out to be alright.

Then I saw the foreigner toilet. They had one for kids, which I think is adorable, and then the foreigner toilet! I thought at first, okay maybe all of them are squatty toilets but this one is like a sitter. BUT that wasn't the case, they all were western style sit down toilets! Even the kiddy toilet.

I felt like I was looking at a WHITES ONLY sign next to a water fountain. For a moment, I considered stealing the sign. I realized it would have been a bit difficult and I didn't have any time to mess around. Thus, I settled for just taking a picture. I stepped outside my body, and saw myself taking a picture of a sign in a bathroom, and thought about how strange I must have looked. That's probably why they make separate toilets for my kind...

Maybe there's something here I'm not getting. Anyone out there got some insight on this one?

2 comments:

Rachel Lynn said...

Usually the "Foreigner" toilets are the sit-down potties instead of the squatters, I think.
You taking a picture in the washroom, I don't know. Did you also take a self-portrait at the same time?! Cos that I could understand.

Kushibo said...

Maybe, originally, this one was the only sit-down.

Or maybe this one is the one kept the most clean (foreigners being "guests" and everything).

Or maybe it's the only one with toilet paper in it!

This is a new one on me. I have seen foreigners-only bars in Itaewon, but not toilets.