Sunday, October 02, 2005

handpone is die

It's a tragedy.

On a stormy Friday night I ventured to Sincheon, not the one in Hongdae, but the one that's near Jamsil, for some drinks with the Songpa crew. I opened the door to the taxi and noticed a huge puddle. By puddle I mean a stream about four inches deep flowing towards the drain, so maybe I mean a monstrous raging ocean. I heeded a warning to Oliver as I maneuvered myself to exit and attempted to strategically open my umbrella to optimize my wetness prevention. I leaned forward to get out of the cab and my cell phone basically lunged from my bag, as if it had every intention on committing suicide by drowning.


It was completely submerged. Completely submerged. Once again, I'll repeat that, it was completely submerged. Oliver quickly fetched it out and I start shaking it dry immediately. It seemed like all would be fine. I hadn't been electrocuted, the screen was still on, buttons worked, and I made a phone call just fine. It just needed to dry out. As the night progressed, the situation became more critical for my adorable phone. The poor thing started vibrating randomly, like it was shivering. Then the screen functions were intermittent, and finally it stopped turning on.

handpone at rest...........................................handpone at rest


I seemed to revive it a bit and I was able to get the phone on. Of course, I was eagerly awaiting "a very important" phone call. Though I was able to get the phone on, I was completely unable to utilize any of the buttons, particularly the important one that allows me to answer calls. Thus, the phone ceased to work just at the right moment. Though I was extremely angry at the situation, I was particularly sad for my phone. It's like it's now in a coma.

All day today the phone has been ringing and all I can do is look at it. I keep hoping that the phone will wake up and be just like before. I'm wondering if it's time to give up, just pull the plug, and get a new one. So sad...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

don't you feel lost?

i know the feeling.

i love you,
giadelphia.

Anonymous said...

Hah, I found this blogring while looking up pictures of chocopie.

And I just wanted to say, wow. A teacher in Korea. That's amazing. (:

Joanna

Kurios1978 said...

Try CPR?

Anonymous said...

Oye vey, that is why your phone rang and rang yesterday when I called at 11:30 am EST. I am so sorry for your loss.

I felt the same way when my cell phone was lost. Apparently is slid out of my pants pocket and stayed on the cold dark ground for two days. I felt sorry for it, as if it were scared and missed me. As if I didn't know the whereabouts of my child for two days. I feel your pain. Your poor little link to the world has drowned! Such an unfortunate death.

Get a new one, move on....I had insurance for mine. Any such thing for you???

With deepest sympathy,

MOM