Monday, August 22, 2005

soulshine2005

A two day party on the beach? Sounds good to me.

It was a beautiful day.
The heat finally broke, the sky was blue (IN SEOUL), and I was feeling fabulous. Paul, Victoria, and I hopped over to the other side of the river to catch a chartered bus. Beer in hand, I arrived ready to have a good time. After a few snacks (and a ride on a horse with a banana milk for Mr. Giles), we boarded the bus.

It included all the things one would need for a 4-hour bus ride: tacky interior featuring glittery blue dolphins, frat boys from Canada with matching couple bandannas equipped with a liter of soju, and super icy cold air con. After an hour and a half, annoying frat boy1 had to pee so bad he was getting ready to go in an empty Hite can. We took a 20 minute pause at a rest stop and I discovered the cutest mini-toilet set up for kids in the bathroom. As a side note: I'm truly impressed with the cleanliness of some public bathrooms in Korea. Bathrooms in bars and clubs still carry the same nastiness of most cities I've encountered, and in the country you could be ass out hovering over a hole in the ground, but many public bathrooms are surprisingly clean in Seoul and beyond.


It started to rain. It took 4 hours to get there. I had no idea where in the world I was. I was surrounded by English teachers. We were there to party, get sandy, drink and dance. The festivities were already in progress as we arrived. There were English speakers all around, people with style, Koreans with dreads, fire dancers, fireworks, bonfires... there were hot dogs. Not that I ate any hot dogs, but they were there too. There were hot dogs, and even some hot people. I walked around wondering who was going to be first to play with my nipples.

This guy, Paul, made his pants. Really. I may have said it before, but it's worth saying again, I love a boy who has a sewing machine and knows how to use it. He was nippleplay worthy, but I didn't get around to it.


Here's Correy with his nipple Chantelle. Correy was afraid that if his girlfriend didn't show up soon he was going to get himself into trouble. Then I came along and asked him if he'd like to play with my nipples. Right now I'm giggling.

Here's Mehdi, a nipplehead, wearing Nuff (meaning belly button in Persian). This dude was real cool and showed me some great video footage of his fun little world. He has just done a bit of a mini-documentary on men who shave their balls. [SHAVE YOUR BALLS.]

This is Chris, with Fruity. Chris writes. That's cool.

This dude is an actor. He serenaded me in Korean, picked me up on his back and kept asking Paul if he was a lesbian. What a character. He named his nipple Magic Box.

It stopped raining, then it would start again. I didn't care. I was having a good time. At about midnight, they threw on some hot tunes I hadn't heard in a minute as I was walking out on the ocean. I should say where the ocean should have been but the tide was out--way out. I walked for about ten minutes before I reached the water. Under the full moon, alone out there, barefoot with my umbrella, I DANCED. And when I say I danced, I mean DANCED. I danced like the way you might in your house, with no one around, the shades drawn (possibly even in the basement), in your underwear to your absolute favorite song of the moment as loud as you want it. It was a real moment. I was just there.

Around two in the morning. It got wet, and I got cold, and the mosquitoes started to irritate me, and I felt sandy. I was uncomfortable and I wanted a shower. The only way to keep warm was to keep on dancing. So I kept on dancing. A little while later, all the sudden I saw that the tide seemed to be creeping up awfully quickly. I said "Hello sea! Nice to see you." And it was cool, but then the next thing I knew one of the sets of speakers was submerged and the tide rapidly approached and eventually completely took over the party.

CHAOS. Move everything. EVERYTHING including the tents the bar, the two dj booths, the speakers, the light stands. Everyone's stuff. At some point in the confusion I lost my flip flops. So did Victoria, so did Paul. Chincha? Really.

Victoria before the party.


Me around 5 AM.


We trashed the beach. That wasn't cool. The people all chilled out a bit and a couple people kept the party going as the sun came up.




We climbed back on the bus around 6ish, shoeless and gross. Everyone on that bus was DIRTY, in more ways than one would imagine. It was a rough ride home, and I'm still not sure if it was a great party, but it was a lot of fun at certain points in the evening.

6 comments:

Shells Bells said...

Hey Miss Koco...haha you have my friend Justin on your blog!! The guy with no shirt in your photo!! what a small little world this is..we teach together...sad I missed that party but J bar this Saturday...fun times u going?!!!

Shells Bells said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mehdi G said...

Dearest Nicole!

you're awesome dude! I called james today and told him i met his crew. anyways dude, you're a legend (aus slang for cool, ask pawl to explain), love your site, and your nipples.. by the way, I met a guy the next day that made out with your gorgeous friend.. (so jelous)


peace love and Harmony
Mehdi

misskoco said...

Medhi, We are going to play in Seoul, when I get back, and then take over the world. -koco

Mehdi G said...

as long as theres no more shaving of the balls, I would like to join you and your wonderful peeps.

peace, love and harmony

Mehdi G said...

oops, i forgot to say, by the way have an awesome time in thailand.

hmmm 'time in thailand' that

alliterates, I feel a song coming on...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Peace, Love and Harmony