Wednesday, July 13, 2005

oh dear

Last night I passed out right after work. It's about 6AM now. I've been up, without being able to go back to sleep, since four. For the first time in Korea, there was a mosquito in my apartment. It bit my left thigh. It repeatedly buzzed near my ear. I was sleepily convinced that I had gotten it that last time and now I could go to sleep. I tried putting a pillow over my head, curling into the sheets, snuggling my body next to a pillow, covering all exposed body parts. Nothing helped. I hate mosquitoes. The universe was telling me something. So, I got up and cleaned my kitchen. Emptied my fridge. I did a load of laundry. I took out my garbage. I went to the store. The countdown has begun.

My parents will be here in 24 hours. The new Harry Potter comes out in 3 days. Denise leaves Korea in 2 weeks. Intensives (9 hours of teaching for a month) start the day after. I go to Thailand in a month and a half.

I feel like when I return from vacation in September, I'm going to be on the home stretch of this contract, and most likely my time in Korea. With my parents coming I feel like this rollercoaster is reaching it's peak. I better hold on and enjoy the ride while it lasts, right? Meanwhile, I better figure out what I'm going to do next.

In other news, oh yes, SWEET BUNS!

sweet buns

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been reading your blog since my stay in korea and you, single-handedly, are the funniest blogger ever to write in korea. i've moved back to california but reading your blog always brings back memories of korea... u keep entertained and laughing everytime, thank u!


daniel

misskoco said...

Awww... Daniel, that's so sweet. I have been lazy lately due to work and the fact that my parents are in town, but I'll be back in action gettin' into my usual nonsense soon.

YO! Daniel, Where's your blog? I want to read about your life. What's life like post-Korea?