Tuesday, May 31, 2005

dangerous work



I'm sitting looking out my window. All seems still and quiet, then out of the corner of my eye I notice a guy hanging from the wires across the street. "Okay." I think, "Where's my camera?"

............................

I'm guessing that he's a repairman fixing the telephone or cable, but it would seem that a man in that line of work would come with better equipment. Instead of just simply bringing a ladder, perhaps he might have a repair truck, or some kind of device that would lift him up a few stories. To get up there he went up his ladder, climbed on the lamppost and from there climbed a series of wires. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to climb wires.

2 comments:

BLOGBANK said...

What some will do for free cable...

Henry said...

Hey, you do what you gotta do to get the job done, yeah a bucket truck is nice,but of you don't have one(or cant park it by the pole), youclimb. Notice your friend does have a safety belt on. I've done worse.