Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Songpa Market

I found an open market a few blocks away from my place. Oh, it's like the mother load of fabulous delicious treats and Korean yumminess. I stumbled across this little treasure on an evening stroll searching for an alarm clock. There was produce, like all kinds of lettuce, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, and then some people are selling amazing types of fish on ice. There are butchers, grain shops, fabric shops, bakeries, kitchen thingie shops and little huts to sit and eat. There are a couple of dumpling ladies and a grocery store which is my new local hot spot. I picked up a few things, but I haven't quite worked up the nerve to sit down at one of the places with all the good stuff--little pancakes, fun looking things on a stick, and tempura!!

No comments: