Friday, December 31, 2004

Beef Soup

After going to the immigration office, all the new staff met with our boss and he took us out for lunch right around the corner. It was one of these restraunts where you take off your shoes and sit on the floor. There are a lot of them here, but not all are like this. I love it. In many places the heat comes up from the floor so it is so warm and cozy. In the center of the table there was a big gas burner and the waitress brought over a huge bowl of beef soup with mushrooms and those yummy clear noodles. When I say mushrooms I'm not just talking about little cap mushrooms, but like 4 or 5 different types of mushrooms--including those cute tiny ones with the long stems. There were lots of side dishes, it was like heaven. I stuffed my face and felt like taking a nap afterwards.

No comments: